The economic downturn is turning but austerity will continue for many years. Property development is coming back but there is caution on the prospects for sustained growth.
London’s population projections are upwards and demand for housing increases. Outside of London, our seaside towns are in decline and are crying out for investment. Affordable housing in rural settings continues to be a scarce resource. Unemployment is increasing and the effects of the welfare reform agenda is having ramifications for affordable and social housing tenants and the types, size and location of new homes being built.
All developers are having to take more risk and housing associations are becoming more commercial.
Local authorities are now building again. In small numbers at the moment, but this will grow. And new models for cross- subsidy and the use of public assets and institutional investment are being developed, to fund those traditional estate-based regeneration schemes that are no longer practical.
It is a challenging and rapidly changing landscape, where success requires innovation, insight, drive and creativity.
We can work with you to devise new solutions, delivery vehicles, opportunities and investment.
We offer advice and support in areas such as:
- Visioning – assisting leaders to pull together the big picture.
- Brokerage – seeing the opportunity, bringing partners together and finding the synergy.
- Securing opportunities – supporting bids, shaping proposals to maintain a competitive edge.
- Programme management –we can lead or support on delivering the key outcomes.
- Community engagement – we can talk and listen to the key communities and stakeholders.
- Navigating the public sector – piloting through local, regional and central government.
- Public affairs – we assist clients to win with opinion leaders.
- Tackling worklessness and delivering social renewal.
- Helping you to identify New Business Development opportunities.
- Helping you to devise Development and Asset Strategies.
- We can assist you in implementing your development strategies.