The housing, regeneration and voluntary sectors face significant challenges from the continuing changes in the political, economic and financial worlds. Availability of funding and rising inflation concern many, as well as possible exposure to a volatile and uncertain housing market. The need for boards and senior officers of organisations to be fully aware of the exposures they face has never been more keenly felt.
We provide expert technical and practical advice to clients in all sectors.
We offer a broad range of advice and support, drawing on respected expertise from highly experienced strategic business planners. We are able to provide up-to-date, independent advice and objective support services. We have detailed knowledge of the key drivers of the regulator’s financial viability assessments.
We can work with you as a critical friend and independent advisor. We can support organisations to demonstrate that they remain in control of the business through these difficult times and that they understand the implications of any strategies that may be adopted.
We provide advice and support in areas such as:
- Economy and efficiency – income maximisation, cost recovery, VAT implications, budget outturn control.
- Liquidity and cashflow – capacity headroom, treasury management, projected cash reserves.
- Financial viability - business planning (we are a Brixx Certified Partner), financial modelling, financial policies and regulations.
- Development appraisal – the impact of affordable rents, asset management assumptions, development/sales risk exposure, treasury strategy, overall corporate strategy.
- Local authority self-funding – analysing the impact, rent modelling and caps and limits adjustment, unpooling of service charges.
- ALMO reviews – financial options appraisals.
- Non-organic growth - providing comprehensive review and challenge services to support mergers and acquisitions, joint venture models and housing stock transfer.
- New forms of funding - raising debt (traditional bank/bond financing), restructuring debt, practical help in obtaining credit ratings.
- VFM and efficiency - support with regulation compliance, benchmarking and end-to-end service reengineering.